Difference between revisions of "Bootstrapping"
(Created page with "== What is Bootstrapping == Bootstrapping is a process in which you can speed up the syncing of your wallet. This can be for a plethora of uses in which you'd need a full-node...")
Revision as of 22:13, 17 March 2019
What is Bootstrapping
Bootstrapping is a process in which you can speed up the syncing of your wallet. This can be for a plethora of uses in which you'd need a full-node. Local QT wallet, masternode "hot" wallets, explorers, etc. Letting the blockchain sync from scratch takes a long time and depending on the machine, upwards of hours. A bootstrap can decrease this time by 90% or more.
- The bootstrap contains most of the current blockchain in a zip file. Current bootstrap goes to block 302k. From there, your node will sync the remainder of the way.
- The latest bootstrap uses
txindex=1, so for explorers or other apps, this bootstrap will still work for you
How to Use
- Windows, MacOS & Linux GUI
- Download the file here
- Extract to your Genesis support folder
- Windows default location: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Genesis\main
- Mac default location: ~/Library/Application Support/Genesis/main
- Linux default location: /home/YOURUSERNAME/.genesis/main/
- Linux Terminal (Run line by line)
sudo apt install -y unzip # if you don't already have this wget https://genxcommunityhelper.blob.core.windows.net/bootstraps/2019-03-19/bootstrap.zip unzip -o bootstrap.zip -d /home/YOURUSERNAME/.genesis/main/ # change for your username assuming default location