Genesis Network development begins with the blockchain but reaches further out beyond just the cryptocurrency world.
The Genesis blockchain simply delivers the fundamental building blocks to begin allowing the Genesis Network platforms to develop.
- Website/Forum Implementation (Completed)
- Genesis launched with a feature rich, mobile friendly website and forum
- Windows/Linux/Mac Wallets (Completed)
- Wallets were available for every major OS platform at launch. Allowing for everyone to have an equal opportunity in participating
- Block Explorer (Completed)
- Chainmapper provided Genesis with an explorer in the beginning. Allowing for transparency in the very beginning
- Mining Pools (Completed)
- PoolOfD23th and NibiruPool were Genesis first two mining pools. The mixture of those two teams along with the Genesis team made the first Equihash mining pools based on Bitcoin Core 0.16.x
- Launch Paper (Completed)
- A white paper is based on a technology or product that's been created or developed. Since Genesis is still in it's infancy, the team has a "Launch Paper" in order to give guidance and direction of where the team is going
- Faucet (Completed)
- Mass adoption begins with easy and fair distribution for everyone.
Phase 1: Genesis
- First Exchange Listings (Completed)
- First exchange listing was TradeSatoshi three days after launch. Followed by EscoDEX, SafeTrade, Raisex & most recently, STEX
- First Major Airdrops (Completed)
- The team performed 5 weeks of airdrops for a total of over 1 million $GENX distributed for free
- Bounty System (Revolving)
- The bounty system begins with automated Twitter bounties. After implementation of these, bug, development, translation bounties have been available on the official forums. Bitcointalk Signature Bounty is in progress.
- Web Wallet (Completed)
- 100% Decentralized Web Wallet based on utilizing raw transactions in which YOU hold the private keys.
- Paper Wallets (Completed)
- The Genesis team has provided a paper wallet with Legacy, SegWit & Bech32 Integration.
Phase 2: Expansion
- Genesis Maturity-Based Masternodes (Completed)
- Available block 325,000, Genesis maturity-based masternodes makes $GENX one-of-a-kind
- Core Wallet Updates & Revamping (Completed)
- Introduced in v3. Upgraded back-end codebase to 0.16.3 along with cleanup and additional speed modifications
- Mobile Wallets
- Important for the mass-distribution and accessibility of GENX.
- Wallet Expansion (Electrum, etc.) (In Progress)
- ZelCore Multi-Asset Wallet Integration Completed
- Begin Point-of-Sale/Payment Ecosystem Research & Development (Revolving)
- Initial research has been conducted. This is constant R&D.
- Block Reward Restructuring (Completed)
- Randomized block rewards for miners have changed to 350 GENX per block, 200 GENX per masternode
- Marketing Campaign (Negotiating Contract)
- As of 3/19/2019 - Negotiating contract with marketing team with multiple years of marketing experience
- Website/Branding Revamping (Completed)
- Old website and branding have been replaced with more friendly coloring scheme and better design
Phase 3: Upgrading
- Genesis Concensus Research (PoS, Avalanche, etc.) (Proposed)
- Genesis initially wanted to utilize PoS v3, but with recent issues that have come to light with PoS v3, we have decided to push this back and continue to research better concepts for this. Avalanche and HyperLedger are also being looked into
- Beta Marketplace & Beta Point-of-Sale Platforms
- Genesis will look to begin a beta marketplace. This will help Genesis by allowing more consumers to be exposed to Genesis and purchase items virtually everywhere. These two efforts will substantially grow the liquidity and use cases for Genesis.
- Smart Contract Research & Development
- Smart contracts provide the virtual agreements of the exchange of money, content, or anything of value with transparency and accuracy as it's core principals. RSK is a possible solution to implement on the Genesis blockchain
- Blockchain payment Processors
- Integration in ShapeShift, CoinPayments and other processors are proposed. Along with this, Genesis will be looking to create multiple plugins for easy integration into existing systems along with plugins such as WooCommerce, etc.
- Point-of-Sale Beta Testing
- At this point we will look into building our secure point-of-sale and payment processing ecosystem
- Whitepaper/Roadmap Revamp (Revolving)
- As Genesis grows and adapts, the whitepaper and roadmap will adapt as well. This is already happening and will continue to happen
Phase 4: Future
- Payment Ecosystem Implementation
- Establishing, growing and fine-tuning the Genesis payment ecosystems. After much development, testing, upgrading and auditing the systems, Genesis will begin looking towards implementing these systems to larger businesses in a mass adoption manner. Corporate partnerships will be sought.
- Tier 1 Exchanges (Proposed)
- Liquidity is key
- Payment Ecosystem Outreach
- This is where we plan to get more involved with getting mass user and mass business adoption
- Community/Governance Proposals & Implementations
- New features and guidance to new platforms will be proposed and voted on by a mix of community and masternode governance.
- Atomic Swap/Cross-Chain Integration (Proposed)
- As expansion of the platform and greater adoption occurs, so does the need for scaleability. These development factors will become part of our great future and longevity as a blockchain currency.
As the Genesis team and community learns and grows, things change. In the case of Genesis, a number of other features have been integrated not captured in the initial roadmap. Hopefully as the Genesis team and community grows, we'll be able to add even more to this list
- Crypto-Social Bot
- The bot is a ever-adapting project. It is currently used as a way to distribute funds and automated bounties in the Genesis Discord. The bot features are virtually limitless and also assist our core development team in ideas for platform integration
- Tweety shows the power of platform integration. Rewriting nearly all of the twitter API data and feeding it into the Crypto-Social bot, the team has shown how API data can be used in payment systems across different platforms
- Blockchain Visualizations
- Blockchain visualizations show again the power of the API. Utilizing Grafana and allowing gorgeous infographics, these infographics systems can be used to target audiences and used as kiosk information for conventions and summits.
So far no community development has happened. If you are a developer that wants to build something for Genesis and the Genesis Network as a community initiative, please do so and contact the team on Discord or the Official Forums.