Difference between revisions of "Masternodes: Automated Setup Guide"
(→Features of this script)
|Line 109:||Line 109:|
== Auto Script ==
== Auto Script ==
Revision as of 21:06, 23 March 2019
This page describes exactly how to create a Genesis Masternode with using the official automated script.
Video Tutorial can be found here
- 1 Features of This Script
- 2 Pre-Requisites
- 3 Local Setup
- 4 VPS Setup
- 5 Auto Script
- 6 Finalization
- 7 Help
Features of This Script
This script is probably the most secure way you can build a masternode automatically.
- Creates a user called "genesis" so that information isn't directly available from root user login
- Uses UFW firewall to securely allow needed access and reject others
- Utilizes Fail2ban which scans log files and mans IPs showing malicious signs to reject any exploits
- Allows access to command line (cli) commands from root by typing
source ~/.bashrcfollowed with
First and foremost, you must make sure these requirements are met for setting up a masternode. Really, you need all of them.
- A fully-synced full-node Genesis wallet.
- Always check that you have the latest version (v3.0+)
- 750,000 $GENX collateral for each masternode
- PuTTY (Download Here)
- A remote VPS (Virtual Private Server) running Ubuntu 18.04
- We recommend DigitalOcean, Vultr, or MasterHash
- Other VPS providers can and may work. Some VPS providers may require additional work such as AWS
- Recommended safe size VPS is 2GB RAM, 2 Core CPU. Recommended minimum size VPS is 2GB RAM, 1 Core CPU
- Anything lower than 2GB RAM, 1 Core CPU could result in issues with compiling and will be very slow
- Future upgrades of the network will require more robust VPS's
Create a Text File and Setup in this Manner
Masternode: Private Key: Address: Transaction: Output: IP:
Generate a Private Key for Your Masternode
Create a Public Address for Your Masternode
Transfer your 750,000 GENX Collateral
Verify & Obtain Transaction Info
Edit Your Local Masternode Conf File
masternode01 IP:7233 PrivateKey Transaction Output
MN01 22.214.171.124:7233 WDi7PZVAhW85qdGcDGfDvZr8ruUDYC3j7kB4mD47vbXqg2HWKe 8ef75988f9dc08ac345effdeabf0cc0d5ed992c781dde1e08f674af776be76b4 1
Login to Your VPS
Run Automatic Script
bash <(curl -sL genesisnetwork.io/mn-installer)
Start Your Masternode!
That's it!! Congratulations, your masternode is ready to go!
source ~/.bashrc prior to accessing command line options!!
genesis-cli -getinfoaggregated command to show basic info about your node
genesis-cli masternode statuscommand that shows basic masternode info including status
genesis-cli mnsync statusshows syncing status of your masternode
genesis-cli stopstops your server
genesisdstarts your server